With the recent relaxation of COVID-19 protocols across the state, SELX is easing some restrictions to move into line with stage 2 of the National Saleyards Protocol.
Effective from Wednesday, 17th June 2020 attendance at SELX sales will be restricted to:
- essential SELX site staff
- accredited livestock agents and essential agency staff
- genuine buyers with a true intention to purchase
- livestock transporters with access to unloading / loading ramps
- droving contractors
- vendors with livestock in the sale yarding
- MLA Livestock Market Officers
- LLS staff and NSW Police
- media reporters upon request to the site manager
- EUCAS, NSQA and other relevant auditors
No member of the general public is permitted on site at any time.
Every person entering the SELX site on each sale day must:
- Complete the updated SELX COVID-19 Declaration and hand in at the gate to gain entry to the site. No Declaration = No Entry.
- Maintain at least 1.5 metre distance from others.
- Do not shake hands and always maintain proper hygiene including regular handwashing.
- Agree to comply with any on-site directions.
- Complete your business on site as quickly and efficiently as possible and then vacate the site.
Vendors with livestock in the yarding
Only vendors with livestock in the yarding for that day’s sale may attend SELX and must NOT stand in an active selling lane but view the sale of their stock from an adjacent non-active selling lane. Vendors who fail to comply with this request will be asked to leave the site. Friends and neighbours of a vendor are not permitted on site.
Genuine buyers with a true intention to purchase
Only genuine buyers with a true intention to purchase are permitted on site. Buyers who are not bidding on the pen being offered are required to move on to the next pen of interest to them. Buyers who fail to comply with this request will be asked to leave the site.